The introductory talk covers the expanding British Empire and Britain’s role in developing trade around the world in Victoria’s long reign.
Spend a day in Victorian England. The children will transported you back to the late 1880’s showing you everyday life in Victorian times. The day’s workshop is as follows;
• Morning activities
• Introduction to the Victorian world- meeting the key issues and individuals of the time
• Learn how to behave and dance at a Victorian ball
• Artefacts from the time to touch and hold
• A real lesson from a Victorian teacher
• Quiz boards to extend and test knowledge
• Afternoon activities
• Murder mystery activity where pupils are transported back to Whitechapel London in 1888 to help the newly formed detectives from Scotland Yard track a notorious killer!
Run by Sally & Steve Harrington.
PHONE 0800 112 3192 for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The full rundown of this or any of our workshops can be requested from the contact form below.
N.B. The order and content of workshops may vary dependant on suitability of individual school’s facilities, timetables and any health and safety concerns, and will be at the discretion of the workshop leader. Not all workshops are available in some areas.